“How do we learn to embrace our vulnerabilities and imperfections so that we can engage in our lives from a place of authenticity and worthiness? How do we cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection that we need to recognize that we are enough – that we are worthy of love, belonging, and joy?” Brene Brown
Let’s cut to the chase – life can be hard. Sometimes we are surrounded by obstacles that seem insurmountable. At other times, even the simplest things overwhelm us. There are days when you can put your finger on exactly what is bothering you, and then other days that it feels as though you’re walking through a heavy cloud and simply can’t find your way through ~ you know the sun must be shining somewhere out there, but you just can’t see it. You want things to get better, but you can’t seem to make it happen. It could make any person crazy!
Most of us go through these periods from time to time. Yet there are times that we go through periods of sadness, frustration, anger, anxiety or depression that last too long and impact our lives too much. Sometimes we all simply need a little help. Individual counseling can help.
I love working with people of all ages, men and women, individuals and couples. I am specially trained in working with individuals who are struggling with depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
In therapy with individuals, I especially focus on:
- Knowing you – your strengths and struggles, successes and disappointments.
- Understanding what is in your control and recognizing those things that are out of your control.
- Identifying who it is you want to be as a person, how you want to live your life and the steps you can take to get there.
- Noticing when we have the ability to make choices, and thinking through the impact of those choices.
- Acknowledging pain and suffering.
- Creating opportunities, testing new ideas.
When we meet for individual therapy, I will spend time getting to know you in order to understand you and your unique situation. When we are ready, we will create a plan together to get you moving in the direction of the life you want to live.